This website is for all residents of D'Eynsford TMO. It should help you by giving you information about the housing and community services provided on your estate.

Council Tenants.

MOVING INTO YOUR HOME | The D’Eynsford TMO staff will meet with all new tenants to tell them about the D’Eynsford Estate and the services we provide. When you signed your Tenancy Agreement, you were informed of the start date of your tenancy, which is when you became the legal tenant. From this date you are responsible for the property and for payment of rent.
You are responsible for arranging the connection of electricity, gas and water to your home. You should give the gas and electricity companies as much notice as possible of your moving-in date. London Electricity usually require at least three days’ notice to connect your supply.

  • LONDON ELECTRICITY 0800 096 9000
  • BRITISH GAS 0845 955 5510
  • THAMES WATER 0845 200888

PAYING YOUR RENT | When you move into your property, Southwark Council will issue you with a letter with instruction on how to make payment towards your rent. Rent must be paid in advance and your account should always remain in credit. Payment via direct debit is the best way of ensuring your rent is always up to date.


You can pay online via visiting this link:

Standing order

To set up a standing order with your bank, please quote the council’s sort code 62-22-32 and account number 27540022, together with your rent account number.

You can also download and print our standing order mandate (pdf, 13kb)and give it to your bank.

Debit or credit card

You can pay your rent online or by phone on 0845 600 0611 (find out about call charges).

We accept most major debit and credit cards.

When you pay online or by phone, you’ll need:

  • your rent account number
  • your debit or credit card, including the security number on the back of the card

If you pay online, you’ll get a receipt as proof you’ve paid. Payments will usually show on your rent account the following working day.

Paypoint outlets

You can request a payment card to pay your rent at any Paypoint outlet.

STAYING ON TOP OF YOUR RENT/BILLS | It is very important that you pay your rent in full and on time. If you are worried about falling into rent arrears – get in touch with the TMO as soon as you can.

The TMO maybe able help you to budget, possibly help to increase your income, save money and help to talk you through options and at the same time,  talk you through options and thereby preparing you for the future. You can also get free, independent debt advice through the Southwark Citizens Advice Bureau at 97 Peckham High Street, London, SE15 5RS. Tel: 0344 499 4134

Opening Times: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 10am to 1pm. Closed on Tuesday & Thursday.

PERSONAL INDEPENDENCE PAYMENT (PIP) | You may be able to get help with some of the extra costs caused by long term ill-health or disability. If you are aged 16 to 64 you could get help between £22 and £141.10 a week by claiming Personal Independence Payment (PIP). The amount that you get will depend on how your condition affects you but not the condition itself.

You will be assessed by a health professional to work out the level of help that you can get, and your assessed rate will be regularly reviewed to make sure that you are getting the right support especially if there is a change in your circumstances.

If you would like to find more about PIP’s, or help in applying, please get in touch with the TMO.

YOUR RIGHT AS A TENANT | Your tenancy conditions give you the right to live in the property. We will not interfere with this right unless we have to take action because of reasons given in the Housing Acts 1985 or 1996 or any future law. We will take action if you break any of the tenancy conditions.

USING YOUR PROPERTY | You must live in the property as your main or only home. You must not run a business or trade from your home without first obtaining our written permission. We will not refuse permission unless we feel that the business is likely to cause a nuisance to other people, or damage to the property. If we do give permission for you to run a business from your home, and it causes a nuisance, we will withdraw the permission.

TERMINATING OF YOUR TENANCY | For introductory and non-secure tenants, we do not have to rely on any of the reasons given below to terminate your tenancy.For secure tenants, there are a number of reasons why we might apply for a court order to end your tenancy and eviction may result from any of the following reasons:

  • If you do not keep up to date with your rent or you breach any of the condition of your tenancy.
  • If you or a member of your household or a visitor does anything which causes, or is likely to cause, a nuisance to anyone in the local area, or you allow your home to be used for immoral or illegal purposes.
  • If your partner, or a member of the family, has left home because of your violence or threats of violence against them and they are unlikely to return to live with you.
  • If you, or anyone living with you, damages any part of the property or the communal areas either deliberately or by neglect.
  • If you or any of your friends or relatives damages or vandalism of our furniture.
  • If you deliberately gave us false information to get the tenancy or encourages someone else to do so.
  • If you received any financial gain for agreeing to a mutual exchange.
  • If your home is connected to the place where you work, such as a school caretaker, and your behaviour has been improper or unsuitable.
  • If you are staying in temporary accommodation while works are carried out to your previous home and you have already agreed to return to your previous home when the works are completed, but do not do so.

ALTERATIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS | You must not make any alteration , improvement or addition to the property or its fixtures, fittings or outbuildings without our written permission. This will not be withheld unreasonably from a secure tenant. You must not alter the outside of the property in any way without our written permission. For example, you must not fix a security grills to your external doors or windows or put up a satellite dish, aerial or other telecommunications equipment to the exterior of the building. This rule also applies to garages, greenhouses, sheds, pigeon lofts, parking spaces, driveways and walls. You must not remove, alter, replace or plant any hedge, fence or tree at the property without first getting written permission.

CONDENSATION | Condensation is caused by too much moisture and not enough ventilation. Here are a few simple steps that you can take to reduce condensation:

  • Leave the windows open when you are cooking or taking a bath
  • Do not block air vents or extractor fans
  • Make sure tumble dryers are properly installed and have ventilation
  • Keep a constant temperature in all rooms during winter
  • Avoid drying your clothes on radiators without proper ventilation

RUBBISH | Residents are responsible for ensuring their rubbish is disposed of only in the chutes and paladin bins provided. Rubbish is collected twice a week with the exception of bank holidays. Please tie your rubbish in a plastic bag so as to keep chutes and bins clean. Never put unwrapped food down the chute. Large or long items can block the chute; please take these directly to a bin. Do not leave rubbish bags in the corridors, on the stairwells or next to the bin chambers. If you are physically challenged and cannot use the chutes, please contact the Estate Office so special arrangements can be made.

BULKY ITEMS | Do not leave any items of rubbish around the Estate, as it is a fire hazard and a danger to children.Leaving items in the estate is considered fly tipping and we will always look to prosecute those who are caught in the act.  If you have information or see residents fly tipping then please report to our office. All information will be treated confidentially. These items must be taken to waste services or organised with the council for collection 020 7525 5000 or you can do it online. The paladin bins are ONLY for house hold rubbish and NOT bulky items such as sofa, fridges or mattresses.