TMO board meeting minutes, 18 April 2016

 

D’Eynsford TMO Board Meeting
18 April 2016

Minutes

Present       Board: James Traynor (chair), Dorothy Adongo, Patrick Luppi, Connie Gray, Jane Greaves, Bola Ogunmefum, Tom Leighton, Rob Beer, Kwende Anbessa-Ebanks, Tasha Gordon, Terry Norman, Elizabeth Sheeran, Kate Damiral (minutes).

Other attendees: Ben Beck (Monitoring Officer), Tom Hatton jr, Tom Hatton sr

1. Welcome, introductions, apologies and declarations of interest

Apologies were received from Beatrice Otu-Ansah.

2. Minutes of the last meeting (approval)

The minutes of 14 March 2016 were approved.

3. Matters arising

Kwende and Albert (Housing Officer) are leading on arranging the interviews for the caretaker post.  The new walkabout form will be brought to the next meeting.  Residents can also log communal repair issues with the office.  Some Council and TMO areas of responsibility are still being clarified against the MMA.  The communications sub-committee will meet later in the month.  Kreston Reaves was appointed as auditor as well as accountant at the general meeting in March.  The bid to the People’s Health Lottery for the community room is through to a round two application.  It was noted that it may not be necessary to replace the community room doors.  Connie will join the community room set-up working group.

4. Any other business

Ben Beck informed the board that the Council’s TMI team did not find the case made by Darren Kidson (Manager) convincing for withholding £10,000 of rent payments for quarter 3.  The case had been made in light of rent collection challenges due to delayed set-up procedures.  The TMI team have requested that the full invoice be paid.
Action: Ben to send the relevant correspondence to James Traynor for the board’s consideration.

The garden group will arrange a meeting with Terry to ensure the plan for the new garden area by Datchelor Place links in with the development of an overarching approach to the grounds, for consultation with residents.  Kate will assist with the Cleaner Greener Safer paperwork for the new garden area.  

It was noted that Elaine Clarke (garden group member) will manage the petty cash for the garden and Kate Traynor (socials group member) will manage the petty cash for socials.  Both cash boxes will be kept in the office.  Separate forms for board expenses and external invoices for board costs will be developed.

It was noted that the Millwall funding for weekly football sessions on the estate has come to an end.  Connie and Albert will meet the Millwall community outreach officer to explore future options.

[followed by confidential items]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>