Here’s the Estate newsletter for December 2013. Inside:
- Festive social invite
- Joint TRA and TMO general meeting notice, 14 January 2014
- Pantomime trip advert
- Credit Union loan information
- Saturday footie sessions for 12-18s
- TMO update – awaiting news of our final assessment
- Anti-social behaviour problems and what to do.
Download the DEynsford newsletter December 2013. [PDF]
Here’s the July newsletter. Inside:
- Coach trip to Brighton, 31 July
- Reminder of TRA and TMO meetings
- Meet the new TRA and TMO officers (committee and board members with extra responsibility)
- Extra recycling bags available from Connie, the TRA Chair
- Southwark Credit Union information
- Feedback on the Picture The Block photo exhibition
- Ideas wanted for a Black History Month project for the estate
- A reminder of the new non-emergency police number: 101.
Download the DEynsford Estate newsletter july 2013. [PDF 190KB]
I don’t know about you but what with monthly TMO board meetings, TRA committee meetings and all the training, not to mention the events in the Secret Garden, trips to the theatre, the seaside, etc., it’s getting quite difficult to remember what is going on.
Never fear! We now have a calendar, courtesy of Mr. Google. You can now see all the things that are happening on the estate here: www.deynsford.org/calendar.
If you have any dates you wish to add please get in touch.
We have been given 10 FREE tickets for D’Eynsford residents to see this show on Thursday afternoon:
Duchess Theatre, 3-5 Catherine St, Covent Garden, WC2B 5LA (by Aldwych)
Thursday 4th July at 2.30pm
About the play
Lenny Henry is the lead actor, playing a complicated giant of a man in 1960s America, disillusioned after being unable to achieve his ambition of becoming a baseball player. This is a story of a family trying to hold itself together and of what happens when a strong man is robbed of his dreams.
★★★★ ‘Lenny Henry…magnificent. A cracking production, shattering dramatic power’ Daily Telegraph
★★★★ ‘Lenny Henry triumphs…a performance of simmering power, a great production of a great American play’ Daily Express
★★★★ ‘A work of real imaginative depth. Paulette Randall’s compelling revival…Lenny Henry gives his best stage performance to date’ Observer
Read more about the play.
How to get a ticket
Tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Contact Kate to request a ticket, tel: 07811 864 209 or email@example.com
Getting to the theatre
We will meet at 1.30pm by the Secret Garden and catch the bus as a group (171, 176 or 68). We must get to the theatre by 2.15pm to collect tickets so we will be leaving promptly.
Thank you to the Duchess Theatre for the tickets and to Southwark Council’s Community Involvement Team for promoting this opportunity.
We’re off to see Cinderella at the Broadway Theatre, Catford, on Thursday 3 January.
– – SOLD OUT! – – Sorry, all the tickets have now gone – try again next year!
If you managed to get a ticket, meet at the Secret Garden at 2pm to travel to the show by bus. Bring £3 for the ticket.