TMO GENERAL MEETING: Thursday 16th March at 7pm

TMO GENERAL MEETING.

Thursday 16th March at 7pm.

You are warmly invited to the D’Eynsford TMO general meeting.

Sheltered Unit Community Room (entrance through door 50-75 Don Phelan Close)

On the agenda:

  • Meet your new estate manager Your opportunity to meet the new TMO estate manager.
  • Estate Security Updates on plans for improvements to security on the estate.
  • Community room update Find out more about the plans and designs.
  • Are you a member of the TMO? If you live on the estate you are entitled to become a member of the TMO and vote in matters that affect where we live. Come along to find out more.

Take a night off from cooking. Free food and drink will be served!

We can reasonable reimburse costs for childcare & babysitting. Please contact the TMO  at deysnford@gmail.com or call 020 7525 0745 for more information.

 

 

Estate Newsletter, February 2017

The latest edition of the D’Eynsford TMO newsletter is here!

Inside February’s edition:Estate Newsletter cover Feb 2017

You can download the February Newsletter here: D’Enysford Newsletter February 2017

 

Save

Save

Minutes of the D’Eynsford TMO Board Meeting 16 January, 2017.


D’Eynsford TMO Board Meeting 16 January, 2017.

Minutes

Present        

Board: James Traynor (chair), Hannah Bruce, Shaun Gillen, Pete Berciu, Tasha Gordon, Tom Leighton, Eleri Jones, Kwende Anbessa- Ebanks

Others: Annelie Sernevall (Interim TMO Manager), Kate Traynor, Tom Hatton Snr, Tom Hatton Jnr.

Apologies: Kate Damiral, Tracey Stedman (TMI)

  1. Welcome

No new declarations of interest were made. Board members who were present signed new copies of the declaration of interest form.

ACTION 1: Board members who were not able to be present at the meeting must sign a copy of the form at the next meeting or arrange a time to visit the TMO office to sign.

ACTION 2: Annelie will send an electronic version of the forms to Eleri for record keeping purposes.

Resignations from the Board: Kate Damiral and Beatrice Otu-Ansah are standing down from the Board. The Board wanted to officially minute their sincere appreciation both Kate and Beatrice for their hard work and dedication during their time as Board members.

ACTION 3: The Board agreed to circulate an email with ideas for a present for Kate and Beatrice.

  1. Minutes from the previous meeting

The minutes were approved.

ACTION 4: Tasha agreed to take over the production of the estate newsletter. Tom L will assist.

Actions rolled over from the previous meeting:

  • Annelie was not able to provide an update on the procurement of staff mobiles – this will be picked up in the next meeting in February.
  • Kwende has not circulated the example reports from the Southwark TMO Conference he attended last year. This will be completed before the next meeting in February.
  1. Matters arising

There were no matters arising that were not on the agenda.

  1. Updates

A written report was provided by Jackie and Tracy (TMI) which was circulated in hard copy to Board members. It was agreed that the Board would review this outside of the meeting.

  1. Items for decisions/approval by the Board

Approval of Proposed Budget – 2017/18

The Board reviewed both the Finance Report (which details expenditure) and the proposed Budget for 2017/18. Both reports were prepared by the TMO Finance Officer and scrutinised by the Finance Sub – Committee in advance of the Board meeting. It was noted that the Board can approve changes to the Budget later in the year, if there is a clearly identifiable need presented.

The Board agreed with the Sub-Committee proposal to approve the Budget, subject to an HR training plan being developed with the TMO manager. This should ensure that training costs for TMO staff are evaluated carefully to ensure they provide best value. (6 approvals, 1 abstention. No Board members voted against the budget)

ACTION 5: Hannah will undertake a survey of Board training needs as well as a gap analysis and will report back at the next meeting in February.

ACTION 6: The Board agreed with the Finance Sub-Committee recommendation that the TMO Finance Officer reconfigure the Finance Report to illustrate variance in expenditure more clearly, with a written explanation of variances exceeding 15%.

ACTION 7: The Finance sub-committee will work with the TMO Finance Officer to make sure the finance and budget reports are clearly labelled.

Security

Volunteers were sought for a security sub-committee which will look at how to reduce and prevent crime on the estate. The sub-committee will feed into a presentation at the next General Meeting on March 2 on a proposed strategic plan for addressing the crime issues on the estate.

ACTION 8: Tom Leighton will send an invitation for the sub-committee meeting which will be on Thursday February 2 and start with a walkaround the estate at 6pm. Shaun, Connie, Tom Leighton and James will attend the sub-committee meeting. Tom Hatton Snr will check his diary to see if he is able to attend. Our police representative will also be invited.

ACTION 9: The sub-committee will pay attention to lighting issues in their walkaround and report back to the repairs and maintenance sub-committee who are meeting on February 8.

ACTION 10: Shaun has proactively contacted some local TMOs who have implemented security plans and can advise D’Eynsford on what could be done here. He will meet with them as soon as practical and report back to the sub-committee and Board.

Secret Garden

Kate Traynor joined the meeting to present a proposal for maintaining the gardening sessions in the secret garden.

The garden has been running for about 7 years and the garden sub-committee members are Tom L, Connie and Kate Traynor. The sub-committee wanted to open the garden every week, but couldn’t always manage it. As a result, a community gardener was employed through St Mungos last year.

Key statistics were reported to the Council: there were 24 workshops last year, with 2 more to run in March 2017. The gardeners ran activities for children such as building a bug hotel, as well as attracting a wide group of young people and adults. In total, last year, 15 young people attended weekly gardening sessions, 20 more came to one off events. 40 adults to weekly gardening session, another 15 came to one offs.

St Mungos are not able to provide gardeners this year, however, the TMO has been approached directly by one of the gardners (Victoria) who has put together a proposal to maintain the service.

The Board discussed the risks associated with employing a gardener directly with respect to insurance and management requirements on TMO staff which were previously dealt with by St. Mungos. It was noted that the TMO caretaker was keen to be involved in the garden and that this should be encouraged as every member of staff can give up one day to a community project. This could also provide an alternative to sub-committee members being present at every gardening session, which can be difficult to schedule.

ACTION 10: Victoria will be invited to the next Board meeting to present her proposal in more details. In the meantime, the sub-committee will look at whether there could be 1 or 2 more competitive quotes sourced as a comparison. They will also engage with Victoria to understand more about her processes for addressing insurance and management issues.

  1. Items for discussion by Board members

TMO Managers Report:

The underspend from 2016/17 will be reviewed by the Board after the financial year end and proposals for how to reinvest will be presented.

The pilot of the new working hours for the caretakers was discussed. They have stopped coming in on Saturday, but do come in on Bank Holidays. It was agreed by the Board that this schedule needs to be kept under review. However, as a principle, there should be consistency in TMO employees’ schedules and that a seasonal schedule was not appropriate.

ACTION 11: A meeting of the sub group for the community room was scheduled for Wednesday, 25 January, 7-9pm. Pete volunteered to join the group, which also includes Tasha, Kate T and Tom L.

ACTION 12: Tom L will update the Google calendar for Board and send links to everyone. He will also send out invites for the sub-committee meetings.

  1. AOB

The change to the TMO office address and letterbox was queried.

ACTION 13: Albert has been away on holiday. Annelie will follow up on this with him on his return report back at the next Board meeting.

ACTION 14: Report on the firearms discharge; Annelie will circulate the security report to the Board, and make sure that copies are available at the security sub committee meeting.

ACTION 15: Date of the next General Meeting: It was agreed the next General Meeting would be on March 2 at 7pm in the Sheltered Housing Common Room. Two weeks notice must to be given to the estate residents, so a newsletter needs to go out by 16 February.

MEETING CLOSED

TMO board minutes, 9 May 2016

D’Eynsford TMO Board Meeting
Monday 9 May 2016
Minutes  

Present    Committee: James Traynor (Chair), Tasha Gordon, Patrick Luppi, Kwende Anbessa-Ebanks, Bola Ogunmefum, Tom Leighton, Rob Beer, Connie Gray, Joan Henrick, Dorothy Adongo (notes).   

Other attendees: Mitch (Caretaker), Albert Frimpong (Housing Officer).   

1. Welcome and introductions

All were welcomed to the meeting and introduced themselves. James reminded everyone of the code of conduct and any declaration of interest. Apologies received from Kate D and Terry Norman.  

2. Minutes of the last meeting (approval)

All agreed and approved the minutes of the last meeting.  

3. Matters arising  

Guttering still a problem on the estate. TMO to try And get the Council to take responsibility for the neglected gutters.
Action: Albert to find out if there is enough in the budget to clean, clear and repair all the gutters on the estate.

Environmental Health issue – A resident has been disposing urine in the pathway at the back of 63-70 MDC right near the childrens play area. Albert has advised that the issue is being investigated.

Leakages and plumbing are the major issues on the estate.

4. Managers report and Estate walkabout feedback

Estate walkabout – A lot of the repairs have not been logged, so there is no evidence of completed or outstanding jobs.

Mitch has advised that there is a new process of allocating reference numbers, for example, Job 1- door number- date- initial of caretaker. All jobs should be physically inspected before it is signed off for payment. Once the job is complete, Pawel checks and confirms . Albert has advised that the TMO are slightly behind.

Estate Lighting – The lighting in walkway between Mary Datchelor and Don Phelan (Sheltered unit) keeps going off. Mitch is not sure whether the sensors are not working, or if its rain water leaking into the electrics. The lights issue has been reported to the Council, however, when Mears contractors have attended, the lights have been fully working. Residents may have to contact Mears out of hours team when the light goes off. O’Briens have been booked to look at the lights on the 23rd May 2016, so an update will be available for June meeting.

The lights by the Secret Garden are on during the day. Do they need to be turned off? Ask residents who live there before making a decision. Has the electricity bill for the Estate gone down with the current replacement of energy bulbs? Are Southwark still paying for the electricity? Are we able to check?
Action: Albert to find out from Southwark.

Overflows – Locks need to be changed. The locks are different and the TMO cannot access it. Southwark need to change the locks.
Action Albert to follow up with Southwark.

Drains and gutters – The smell from the waste stacks is still entering into residents homes. It was suggested to to get a specialist to assess and see where the TMO boundaries lie in order to take on the job. One of the tanks need to be replaced. There have been minor repairs carried out, but none replaced. 13 MDC was assessed and given a five year replacement time frame. The TMO will need to find out if the stack is an urgent replacement or a five year wait.

Managers report – Albert to include outstanding jobs at the next meeting. Leaseholder jobs where TMO are not liable for are not part of the repairs report figures. Kwende advised that information such as referrals to Southwark, TMO internal jobs or dates of communication with the Council should be logged.

Rent – Regularly monitored. All accounts are looked at as of 09/05/2016

TMO Liaison meeting – To hold a discussion with the estate about Universal credit.

Voids – 27 Belham Walk has been given back to the TMO, and Southwark has paid for it.

Tenancy checks – To try to get residents at home for checks either very early before work, or late evenings.  

5. Repairs management process

General repairs – i-world records (report system for repairs) are currently not being used to report and complete repairs. Mitch has informed the board that he is slightly behind with inputting data as there were initial problems with the codes, however, it is now sorted. He has temporarily been using a spreadsheet to record repairs, and has informed the board that he would need more time in order to enter the data onto i-world.

Repairs are currently without job references or being logged. It is important to have a paper trail along with the i-world system, as this is used to meet and analyse D’Eynsford TMO performance.

Dee suggested employing a part time administrator to assist with data entry and other general office duties. Albert advised that other TMOs such as Gloucester Grove and Leathermarket have administrators, so may be worth speaking to them first.

Tom advised that he recently attended a meeting with other TMOs and discovered a few pros and cons that other TMOs have experienced, which may help our TMO overcome some issues which may arise. As a board, we can assist with finding the right contractors and , i.e. Plumbers.

6.Complaints policy

After reviewing the complaints policy, it was suggested that a Right to appeal, and TMO address and contact number should be included. The complaints policy should be modified to incorporate D’Eynsford TMO. All agreed for the above changes to be made.

7. Community room update  

A bid for £28,622.08 funding bid has been put through the Health Lottery fund. Timescale is August 2016, however once approved, work will not start until September 2016. Tom attended Fundraising workshop and was given a list of charities/Trusts/ Foundations available to give money.

8. Finance

It was agreed for the Co-operative Bank to continue as our bankers and to update the account signatories to reflect current board officer roles.  

9. Any other business

Albert is pushing for New Caretaker Devon to start work within the next two weeks. Devon has general caretaker experience. There are uniforms available, however, if not the right size, can be ordered.

The cleaning Rota for the estate has been drawn up and will be presented with the June report. The TMO standard will be available in July.

Patrick may have to step down from the walkabout and community room groups due to new work commitments.

Support is being given to the TMO staff in absence of Darren. Albert has spoken to Gloucester Grove TMO Manager Abiola , and Tracey from TMI.      

Board Meeting Minutes, 11 January 2016

D’Eynsford TMO Board Meeting
11 January 2016

Minutes

Present Board: James Traynor (Chair), Jane Greaves, Bola Ogunmefum, Tom Leighton, Rob Beer, Connie Gray, Kwende Anbessa-Ebanks, Kate Damiral (minutes).

Other attendees: Darren Kidson (TMO Manager), Tom Hatton Senior, Tom Hatton Junior, Ben Beck (TMI Monitoring Officer, Southwark Council)

1. Welcome, introductions, apologies and declarations of interest
Apologies were received from Patrick Luppi, Terry Norman, Dorothy Adongo, Natasha Gordon, Beatrice Otu-Ansah, Elizabeth Sheeran and Cllr Wingfield.

2. Board training needs
This item was postponed due to lack of time.

3. Minutes of the last meeting (approval)
The minutes of 14 December 2015 were approved.

4. Matters arising
A repairs satisfaction form is now in use, offering residents an alternative to telephone feedback.

Residents of 50-127 Don Phelan Close have chosen to have the corridors painted white, with black and white marble effect tiles. The cost per leaseholder of the major works has been confirmed as £5,000.

The administrator of the Neighbourhood Fund and Cleaner, Greener, Safer grant scheme has offered to provide an information session on the combined funding pot. The current funding round has now closed.

5. Manager’s report and estate walkabout feedback
The manager’s report for December was tabled. Future reports will be provided in advance. The completion performance for repairs had slipped a little during December due to the holiday period. Jobs were still completed well within the Council’s target timeframe.

A walkabout was completed earlier in the day. The dates for 2016 walkabouts have been circulated.

It was noted that the electricity supplier is currently EDF because the TMO office’s supply is linked to the hostel’s. Once they are separated into two accounts, a sustainable energy provider will be sourced, in line with the One Planet plan. Some electricity supplies across the estate are metered, others aren’t.
Action: Darren to gather supply information for the estate.

An external letter box for out-of-hours office post will be put up.

All the operational challenges at take-over have been resolved. It was noted that the TMO system is susceptible to Council outages. There have been several to date.

The staff team will assist vulnerable residents with the necessary preparation for treatment of the bed bug infestation in Belham Walk.

The TMO is querying the rent demand from the Council as it does not seem to tally with TMO data.

6. Finance
The 14/15 accounts have been submitted to Companies House. The bank balance was £175,320. The balance for socials, the garden and board activity is around £7,000. Around £1,000 underspend from the set up grant will be repaid to the Dept for Communities and Local Government. An illustration of the format for quarterly finance reports was tabled. A report will be prepared for the next meeting.
Action: Ben to provide an example template for finance reports.

7. Community room proposal
Tom talked to the prepared report. The proposed design scheme was agreed. It was noted that a budget of £10-12,000 would be needed to deliver the scheme after preliminary works. The outcome of the bid to the Evening Standard fund is due at the end of the month. A power supply for a cooker will be fitted in the kitchen. The room’s windows and doors will be replaced in the longer term. It was noted that Age UK Southwark and Lewisham has expressed interest in using the room once it is available.
Action: Darren to scope the preliminary works to include electrical first fix and floor screed.

8. February general meeting plans
It was agreed to postpone the general meeting to mid-March. The meeting will include a presentation from James and Darren on achievements since going live and a consultation exercise on the business plan proposals, to feed into the board away day in April. It was agreed to hold the meeting in the community room if usable by the meeting date.
Action: Bola and Kate to prepare visuals for the business plan consultation. The socials team to organise refreshments.

9. Reports back
Communications sub-committee: The draft terms of reference were approved with the following additions: The group’s remit will include signage; the TMO Manager will deal with the press in liaison with the chair, freedom of information requests and members’ enquiries (from councillors and MPs).

Staff will use the vulnerable tenants list to target the provision of large print and other alternative format communications. Tasha and Tom L will do a walkaround with Darren to identify potential locations for additional noticeboards. New noticeboards will have areas of corkboard to allow residents to pin their own notices.

It was agreed that Bola would join the HR sub-committee and the socials group.

10. Any other business
The back end of the website is currently inaccessible for editing. Nelson Correia has been asked to resolve the issue.

Estate newsletter, December 2015

Inside the December estate newsletter:december newsletter front page

  • Festive Social, Monday 21 December, 7pm-9pm, in the Sheltered Unit Community Room – everyone’s invited!
  • Seniors’ Christmas Party, Thursday 17 December, 2pm-4pm
  • Community room update
  • A gift for the Secret Garden from the Camberwell Society
  • Weekly coffee mornings every Wednesday – with a festive special on 23 December
  • TMO office opening hours over the festive period
  • Season’s greetings from the TMO board and staff team

Download the D’Eynsford TMO Newsletter December 2015 [PDF 280KB]

Estate Newsletter November 2015

Our November newsletter includes:nov newsletter front cover

  • Information about the TMO services now we’re live
  • An introduction to the staff team
  • An introduction to our new Board
  • Photos from the fun day in September
  • Info about fire safety works in 50-127 Don Phelan Close
  • Official signing of the agreement with Southwark Council.

PLUS, inside, our annual report for 2014/15

Read the D’Eynsford Estate Newsletter, November 2015 [PDF 745KB]

TMO Annual Report 2014/15

We presented our annual report for 2014/15 at our annual general meeting on 12 Septemberannual report front page.

Highlights of the year included the ballot to go ahead with the TMO, securing our office in Good Neighbours House and appointing our TMO Manager – as well as lots of socials and gardening of course!

Read the D’Eynsford TMO Annual Report 2014-15 [PDF 1MB]

TMO Board Meeting Minutes 8 September 2015

D’Eynsford TMO Board Meeting
8 September 2015

Minutes

Present Board: James Traynor (Chair), Rob Beer, Terry Norman, Dorothy Adongo, Pete Dolan, Kwende Anbessa-Ebanks, Kate Damiral (minutes)
Others: Darren Kidson (Manager), Mary Clarke, Joan Henrick, Jane Greaves, Ben Beck (Southwark Monitoring Officer) and Richard Amoah (Southwark TMI Team)

1. Welcome, introductions, apologies and declarations of interest
Apologies were received from Nelson Correia, Ines Teles, Connie Gray, Tom Leighton, Beatrice Otu-Ansah and Modupe Somoye (Southwark Housing Officer).

2. Minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of 14 July 2015 were approved

3. Matters arising
Community room: Saltash has declined to sponsor the completion of the community room as the company felt there would be a conflict of interest with their contract with the Council. It was agreed to look for other sponsorship leads but Darren also informed the board that if necessary, the staff team should be able to complete the work themselves by the end of 2015.
Action: James to approach Keepmoat to explore potential sponsorship.

MMA: It was noted that the TMO will not be servicing the sheltered unit as the unit is funded separately and has additional services such as a warden. However, the TMO will look at the possibility of taking over the unit in the future, as outlined in the business plan. With the removal of the sheltered unit properties from the list of managed properties, the TMO’s allowance is now £415,000 (a £20k reduction).

Bins; Albert Frimpong, the TMO’s Housing Officer, will meet the Southwark Housing Officer this week to discuss the bins and other matters.

4. Implementation project update
Staff: The third caretaker post has been filled by one of the current estate cleaners. It was noted that a woman had been appointed, which provides some gender balance for the team. The staff team have now all started work.

Office: The office is due to be handed over next Monday, although facilities and systems are not yet in place. Temporary storage has been found for chemicals in the meantime. But there are no PCs, staff training on Southwark’s system has not been received, the office has no power and there are problems with deliveries as the office is not yet available.

Service handover: The go live date is likely to be 21 September, although the handover may be phased up to the formal launch on 5 October, as systems come on stream. Equipment and repairs materials will be purchased on a needs basis in the short term. Residents will be invited to pop into the office for coffee in the mornings over the first six weeks of operation to meet the staff team and discuss any issues.

5. Fun Day & AGM and Launch Ceremony Plans
The plans for these events were confirmed.

6. Communications policy update
A new clause to guide the TMO’s use of social media was approved for the communications policy. It was also agreed to form a communications sub-committee. Jane Greaves, a new resident with expertise in social media, agreed to advise the group.

7. Finance
The TMO’s financial year has been moved from February to April as standard. An audit is not required for the AGM but it must be completed by the end of the financial year. The first payment of the allowance has been received. Insurance for socials has been renewed. A Sage accountancy computer program package has been purchased. The bank balance is £171,000.

The board noted the lack of regular financial information it had received to date. In future, the staff team will prepare with the treasurer a quarterly financial report and monthly projections for the board. The finance sub-group will look at detailed figures.

It was noted that Nelson intends to stand down as Treasurer and Elizabeth, Vice-Treasurer, will be abroad for a while from January 2016, although she would be happy to remain on the board and contribute remotely.

8. Reports back: sub-committees, groups and reps on external bodies
Socials: A train trip to Eynsford and a Halloween party are being planned for the autumn.

Garden: A budget of £4,000 has been allocated by the Cleaner, Greener, Safer fund for the development of the space by Datchelor Place. Terry has been informed that this will probably only cover the design and more funds would be required for actual landscaping. It was agreed to talk to the St Mungo’s Broadway Putting Down Roots team about the project, as their involvement may be more cost effective than the Council’s own contacts, as other CGS projects on the estate have proved. Options for the space will be brought to the board for consideration.

9. Any other business
Terry has resigned from the Southwark TMO Committee due to other commitments. The garages backing onto Vicarage Grove are being re-roofed. The bollard by the boiler house continues to be left unlocked by contractors. The TMO staff team will keep a key for it.

Estate Newsletter, September 2015

Inside this month’s estate newsletter:sept newsletter page 1

  • D’Eynsford Fun Day, Saturday 12 September, 2pm-5pm – lots of free fun for everyone
  • TMO Annual General Meeting, Saturday 12 September, 5pm-6pm
  • TMO Launch Ceremony, Monday 5 October, 11am
  • Full TMO staff team in place
  • Homeless charity St Mungo’s Broadway to look after our grounds
  • Replacement windows plan on hold for long term

Download the D’Eynsford Estate Newsletter, September 2015 [PDF 340KB]