D’Eynsford TMO Board Meeting, Minutes, 8 February 2016
Present Board: Patrick Luppi (chair), Jane Greaves, Bola Ogunmefum, Tom Leighton, Rob Beer, Kwende Anbessa-Ebanks, Tasha Gordon, Ines Teles, Kate Damiral (minutes).
Other attendees: Darren Kidson (TMO Manager)
1. Welcome, introductions, apologies and declarations of interest
Apologies were received from James Traynor, Terry Norman, Connie Gray, Elizabeth Sheeren and Ben Beck (Monitoring Officer).
2. Board training needs
The board’s training needs for the coming year were agreed, including whole team sessions on social housing and benefit changes, finance and the role of the board.
Action: Kate to circulate the training plan and board members not present to indicate their interest in any of the sessions.
3. Minutes of the last meeting (approval)
The minutes of 11 January 2016 were approved with one amendment: a power supply for a cooker will be fitted in the office kitchen.
4. Matters arising
Communications: As reporters had visited the estate in the past few days, Darren reminded the board that all press enquiries should be directed to him to deal with, alongside James, as outlined in the communications sub-committee terms of reference.
General meeting: The date was confirmed as Wednesday 23 March. The meeting will be held in the sheltered unit if available, as the community room will not be usable by then.
5. Manager’s report and estate walkabout feedback
The manager’s report was tabled and presented by Darren. Repairs satisfaction forms will be emailed to households where possible. A resident has been banned from the office following verbal racial abuse and threats of violence towards a member of staff. Initial works on the community room will be covered from the set up grant.
Darren has requested a waiver for a proportion of the rent demand for the last quarter during the initial go live period when the TMO did not have PCs or access to the Council’s IT system (all provided by the Council).
Darren will prepare for the next meeting an estate improvement plan which will respond to the Council’s fire safety works assessment carried out earlier in the year.
Action: Darren to prepare the manager’s report in time to circulate in advance with other board papers.
The report provided for the last walkabout was tabled for information. A better reporting system is being developed. Sheets for reporting issues are now also on the reception desk and have been circulated to board members.
A finance report for quarter three (Sept-Dec 2015) was tabled.
[After the meeting, the report contents were confirmed as draft and subject to change. Darren will produce a final report to be tabled as a non-confidential item at the March board meeting.]
The current bank balance was £154,400. A £30,000 surplus was predicted for the end of the financial year. Darren and Elizabeth will prepare an outline budget for 2016/17 for discussion at the next meeting.
Action: 1) Kate to clarify the restricted income streams with Elizabeth. 2) Kate to ask Ben Beck to clarify the cost of the TMO’s contribution to the In the Driving Seat training programme.
7. Planning for 2016/17
Proposals for next year will be discussed at the next board meeting, before being presented at the general meeting on 23 March for resident feedback. Final decisions on plans will be made at the board away day which will be held on Saturday 9 April.
The three year priorities and objectives table from the business plan was tabled for board members to review in advance of the next meeting.
A programme of activities for Jan-Dec 2016 was tabled by the socials group. It was agreed in a majority vote to proceed with a women’s event in March. The other elements of the proposal will be considered at the next meeting.
8. Complaints policy
This item was postponed due to lack of time. The Council’s complaints policy was tabled for information.
9. Reports back
This item was not covered due to lack of time.
10. Any other business
There was no other business.