Board Meeting Minutes, 8 August 2016

 

D’Eynsford TMO Board Meeting

8 August 2016

Minutes

Present  Board: Patrick Luppi (chair), Kwende Anbessa-Ebanks, Beatrice Otu-Ansah, Terry Norman, Natasha Gordon, Connie Gray, Eleri Jones, Dorothy Adongo, Bola Ogunmefum, Rob Beer, Tom Leighton, Kate Damiral (minutes).

Other attendees: Annelie Sernevall (Interim TMO Manager), Tracy Stedman and Jackie Richards (Tenant Management Initiatives Team, Southwark Council)

1. Welcome, introductions, apologies and declarations of interest

Jackie Richards and Tracy Stedman were welcomed to the meeting, along with Eleri Jones who had been elected to the board at the July general meeting with Beatrice Otu-Ansah (re-elected after her time abroad).  Elizabeth Sheeran had stepped down from the board at the general meeting.

Apologies were received from James Traynor and Jane Greaves.  Kate Damiral and Tom Leighton declared an interest under item 4 in any decision to offer additional support to Belham Walk residents affected by the ongoing bed bug problem, as they live in the block.

The meeting was informed that Darren Kidson had resigned as TMO manager on 25 July.  The board agreed to the HR sub-committee’s recommendation to use a recruitment agency to recruit to the post.  The possibility of using two agencies would be explored, unless there were clear benefits to using only one, in which case Prentis would be selected as it offered a guarantee in case the appointment was unsuccessful.  Annelie will continue as Interim Manager until the permanent position is filled.

2. Minutes of the last meeting

The public minutes of 11 July 2016 were approved.

3. Matters arising

There was a good turnout for the first advice session delivered by Advising London.  However, the service level agreement is still outstanding.
Action: Annelie to liaise with Kate Traynor to ensure the SLA is finalised.

Annelie reported that Darren had apparently indicated to the Council that the TMO would take on the contract for dealing with knotweed.  However, due to the complicated treatment required, Annelie has instructed Mitch Flacko, Maintenance and Repairs Coordinator, to ask the Council to take the contract back.

Jackie and Tracy advised that Mitch would need to liaise with Veolia to arrange locks on bin rooms.

All the communal lights are now working although some sensors are not, as a number of lights are on during daylight.
Action: Mitch to liaise with the council for knotweed and light sensors, and Veolia for bin room locks.

No progress had been made with the football plans.
Action: Kate to resend the SGTO tournament information to the socials group and Annelie, and Tom to look at funding.

Albert Frimpong, Housing Officer, will work with Mitch on the repairs workshop proposal.

The AGM will be scheduled after the fun day to allow time for the accounts to be reviewed.  Pawel has arranged a meeting with the auditors next week to agree a timetable for the review, which will inform the AGM date.

4. Management and operational report for July

Annelie presented the two reports, alongside the quarter one performance report that had been submitted to the Council.  It was noted that there is no target for rent arrears.
Action: Albert to propose a realistic target for the year.

It was noted that there was a backlog of outstanding repairs, which was reflected in the underspend recorded in the performance report.  Mitch will use contractors to clear the backlog.

All but one member of staff have completed their annual appraisal.  The final one will be carried out in the next few days.

[Tom and Kate left the meeting for the following element of this agenda item.]

There was a good resident turnout for the meeting about the bed bug problem in Belham Walk.  Annelie reported that the TMO is working closely with the pest service to ensure they can carry out the necessary treatments.  It was agreed to consider whether additional support could be offered to affected residents.

Action: Finance sub-committee to explore whether funds would allow for additional support and if so, bring costed options to the next board meeting, along with suggested principles for providing similar support in future.

5. Sub-committees, groups and external reps reports back

It was agreed for Eleri Jones to join the finance sub-committee.  Bola also offered to join the group if more members were needed.

6. July general meeting report back and proposal for garden by Datchelor Place

In a majority vote plus two abstentions it was agreed to allocate £1,562 from the 2015/16 surplus to the garden proposal.  This would meet the funding shortfall and enable the project to proceed with the Cleaner, Greener, Safer grant already secured.  The funds will cover the cheapest design option which had received the most support at the general meeting.  There was no time for further feedback from the general meeting.

7. Finance

A finance report for quarter 3 and 4 2015/16 and a summary budget for 2016/17 were tabled but there was no time for discussion.

8. Any other business

It was noted that affected residents had not yet received the letter from the Council regarding the water rebate.  Albert will liaise with the Council and arrange for the TMO to send the letters if necessary.

[The meeting concluded with confidential items.]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>